Charge: To review, consider and assess legislative issues, current position statements and other regulatory activities that may impact veterinary medicine in Indiana.
Responsibilities – IVMA members who wish to volunteer for a task force or working group should possess the following qualities:
- Maintain an interest in that subject.
- Have a willingness to attend meetings.
- Respect differing opinions.
- Possess good communication skills.
Have the ability to:
- Work well with others in a team setting.
- Participate in discussions and decision making.
- Abide by the majority decision.
- Develop, monitor and respond to legislation, regulation, or rules affecting the veterinary profession in Indiana
- Prepare and prioritize legislative and regulatory issues for board review and approval
- Actively monitor the political environment in local and state government
- Work with IVMA governmental relations team and IVMA staff