Goal: Each year the IVMA identifies candidates who are interested in serving as President-elect of the IVMA.
Responsibilities: The President-Elect will perform such duties as stated in this Position Description, or as requested, including but not limited to:
- Serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Serve as a voting member of the Board of Governors.
- Take over the duties of the office of President in the event such officer is incapable of performing his/her duties or if there is a vacancy in the office.
- Preside at the annual meeting in the absence of, or at the request, of the President.
- Maintain a general knowledge and understanding of the IVMA’s mission, current strategic plan, programs and services.
- Assist with setting the strategic goals and vision for the association.
- Ask for progress reports and generally holding accountable task forces, volunteers, and staff for projects and assignments conveyed to them.
- Request additional information or clarification during board meetings or from staff whenever necessary to make informed decisions.
- Discuss emerging issues and trends with the profession and IVMA, exploring ways the IVMA might better serve the membership and public.
- Study resolutions, amendments, or other matters duly referred to the Board by the IVMA membership.
- Assist in the cultivation and recruitment of IVMA volunteers and leaders.