What animals do they work with?
- Some jobs require work with laboratory animals
- Many veterinarians in this field do not often work with animals day to day but instead work in sales, research, or other veterinary industry work
Where do they work?
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Biomedical companies
- Animal feed companies
- Diagnostic testing laboratory
- Independent testing and research laboratories
What do they do?
- Research and development of new drugs and vaccines
- Research product safety and effectiveness
- Act as a scientist, project leader, researcher, or other technical role
- Management and sales of veterinary products
- Perform diagnostic testing and analysis
- Assist veterinarians in interpreting diagnostic results