Charge: Each year the IVMA identifies candidates who are interested in serving as an IVMA board member. Two at-large board member positions are open in 2022.
The duties as a member of the Board of Directors include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all meetings of the Board and in advance of each meeting put forth good effort to read and review the agenda and materials received before such board meeting occurs. In the event a Board member misses 2 consecutive meetings without an excused absence or substitute, the Board of Directors may ask for a replacement for that member from that district.
- Maintain a general knowledge and understanding of the IVMA’s mission, current strategic plan, programs and services.
- Assist with setting the strategic goals and vision for the association.
- Ask for progress reports and generally holding accountable task forces, volunteers, and staff for projects and assignments conveyed to them.
- Request additional information or clarification during board meetings or from staff whenever necessary to make informed decisions.
- Discuss emerging issues and trends with the profession and IVMA, exploring ways the IVMA might better serve the membership and public.
- Study resolutions, amendments, or other matters duly referred to the Board by the IVMA membership.
- Assist in the cultivation and recruitment of IVMA member.